Thursday, April 26, 2007

Co-Ed Softball: Yummy Or A Disaster?

As I type this section of the blog up, I have it made today. I'm doing some middle school work and most of the kids at this school get to leave for some band festival, either by playing in it or just watching. Basically, 80% of my day consists of not even having a clasroom, so I get to hang out on the computer. How tough is that? Then again, that's a drug to me since I live online enough the way it is once I get home from work. Maybe they're testing me to see if I'll be foaming out of the mouth at day's end from being on here too much. After 2 weeks ago of not being online much, I gotta make up for lost time somehow, you all know how it goes.



Softball is in the air. This year, some of my crew has got in a softball league in Morgantown. I figured I'd join that action as it has to be a good time, regardless of the actual level of talent on the field. Last Sunday, we had our first practice/scrimmage. There are definitely some very weird rules though. First, it's a co-ed league. That can't be too bad because honestly, in a league, there has to at least be a few chicks that are worthy of checking out, bouncing around. Hey, I'm a guy, not much else to do. I like my odds on that one. With that in mind, I can't see the talent being much at all in this league, but oh well. Then again, I'm sure I'll have to see quite a few manly buff chicks that could break me in half, but let's hope those aren't common. That's our yummy or a disaster question from the subject. For the locals, the ones on the team that you'd know would be Cork, Mule, his chick Kellie, Trev, his bro Derek, other bro Devin The Dude, and all of their chicks. We have some others that I haven't met yet that are from Morgantown, so I'm sure it'll work out.

Now to the whacked out rules. The dudes have to bat with a wooden bat, which I like anyways. Chicks can use the metal, they dig it. Also, homers don't count. If you bash a homer, you're out. Dudes can only go to 1st base on a hit, no matter how far it goes. That totally takes away my game as I planned to go Ichiro style by just slap hitting and zooming around the bases since speed is probably my best thing in softball. After you're on first, if someone after you gets a hit, you can run to home if you'd like, so you have rely on the rest of the batting order to help you out. Two dudes can't bat back-to-back as it has to go dude-chick-dude-chick, etc. Someone also can't jump in front of someone for a catch either. I know, weird, but I guess that takes away from some dude being a one-man show. I'm going in just for the fun factor though. We went to have a practice last Sunday and another team showed up and wanted to scrimmage. They weren't any good either, but it was a great time. I manned centerfield and had fun with that. Look out when we get our league shirts (still forget who sponsors us, some bar up there that I wouldn't have a clue on) which are green and of course I get #33. I'm rambling on this topic, but will mention that Trev already mangled his hamstring last week. It bruised up right away and he was laying on the ground. Mule also had blood gushing out of his knee. Games start in a week or so, should be interesting to see what kind of bums are in this league.



What was up with American Idol this week? They baited us into watching a 2-hour show that had no results whatsoever. On Tuesday's show, we were down to the final six people. Those would be Lakisha, Doolittle, Lil Sparks (I call her that since her dad is former New York Giants NFL baller Philippi Sparks), CRich Timberlake (Chris tries to be Timberlake basically), Beat Box Boy Blake, and Bald Phil. Yeah, I realize I'm hooked, deal with it. Based on Tuesday's performance, I thought that CRich was going to get the boot on the following night. At this point, I have Sparks winning it all, but we know how quick that can change. Anyways, last night's show was a telethon so to speak as they tried to raise money for kids in Africa and also kids in the US that also need help. The stories they showed were rough and it was for a good cause, I give them that. Howevahhh, at the end of the show, they trick us by saying there will be no cuts since it was a charity show. You kidding me? Yeah, I'm the loser here. Also, what was up with that outfit Kelly Clarkson had on? It made her look huge. I was talking to my boy ManDingo during the show and he thought the same thing. I know she's probably a thicker chick anyways which is fine, but you'd think she would've had something halfway decent on instead of making her look twice the size she is. Those who saw it, know what I mean. She still looks good to me, but last night didn't help her standing too much in my chick rankings.

Speaking of, assuming this is true, we get a good little gossip story on Sanjaya and his family as they all smoke it up. Basically (and you'll read) is that his mom and stepdad were busted for growing weed in their garage. Sis-jaya (way hot regardless to me) was charged with possession too. The ending cracked me up with the line of: Ganja-ya! Maybe it's because I'm bored and anything now will make me laugh. Check this out: http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/25/sanjayas-mom-popped-for-growing-piles-of-pot/



Here's one thing that gets me and most others who live in West Virginia. The rest of the country doesn't even know we're a state to begin with. I guess I have to accept that. Second, a lot assume that we're just part of Virginia. I'm not expecting people to be awesome with geography, but come on, get with it. I'm not out there bashing North Dakota and saying they're just part of South Dakota. I know my state is bum hicks, but still people should know that we're an actual state. You tell some from out of state that you're in West Virginia and they're like, "Oh, yeah. I know Virginia!" No, not the same, but you can't make some people understand. That's when the pimp slap should come across their faces repeatedly, like I give the 7th grade students for being punks. I was talking to a buddy of mine from the mean streets of Webster County and this is what Chrissy had to say on the subject which had me laughing, but it might not any others, who knows:

Chrissy: Gosh darn it i might not care for the state but darn it im gonna make sure its put out there correctly lol
Chrissy: Oh I know that burns me, I hear that a lot when I was down at CU like alot of people didnt know WV was a state till they acutally came here
Chrissy: And I hate when people do the WVA there is no A anymore

That's your quick history lesson of the day. What else is on the agenda to speak of? As wrestler Konnan famously says, "Let me speak on this."



Are there still any Real World fans out there? I admit that I am still hooked, you know how it goes. This season is a weird one, but I don't miss an episode. Brooke might be the most emotional chick ever. She's on the level (or past it) of Paula Walnuts a few seasons ago. Jenn is a dirty slut. Colie is too stuck up on herself. Ty goes nuts on his chick, roughs her up and wizzes in public. Davis is the gay dude that CT (best Real World character evarrr) busted on the first week of the latest Inferno. Stephen gets into all of the moral/biblical arguments and definitely is opinionated. Alex is a manwhore. There's your storylines in a nutshell.

We do have a good bit of new CDs over the past few days, so we better jump into that. Not that anyone cares, but it's tradition around here and this is where it goes. As usual, if you're ever bored to see my updated CD list or might even want to trade, get at me:



Bone Thugs-N-Harmony: Strength & Loyalty. Solid. I'm a big Bone fan anyways, so maybe my opinion doesn't mean as much. This is worth the purchase though. Everyone knows of the single I Tried by now, I posted on that a few weeks ago. Others that are great on this CD are So Good So Right and Sound The Same. As an added personal bonus, my favorite Bone member (Wishbone) gets more verses than usual, he brings it.

C-Bo & San Quinn: 100 Racks In My Backpack. We go to the Yay Area. I haven't heard all of this one yet, but these guys go at it hard (no homo). The album name is creative and putting these two together is sure to make a nice CD. I realize most reading don't know these guys, but give them a chance if you're into rap, you'll be surprised.

Joe: Ain't Nothin' Like Me. Want to pimp your lady friends? Pop this CD in and as my boy DerekHood says, you'll be pushing them out of the door. You'll have to bust out the hickory stick to keep them away. I still don't know why Joe doesn't get as much respect across the R&B charts, but the big fans definitely know this guy is for real.

Redman: Red Gone Wild. Hilarious raps tied in with a nice flow. Red doesn't try to be anything he's not. If you like his older stuff, you'll like this. 23 tracks on this beast, so you get a lot of stuff as he filled it up rather than coming easy with some 50 minute CD just to get something out in production. A few song names? Walk In Gutta, Wutchoogonnado, Pimp Nutz, and Hold Dis Blaow. How can you go wrong with that?

State Property: Out On Bail. State Prop, Chain Gang! Yep, that bunch. Formerly of the ROC, Beanie Sigel and Freeway lead the boys in this star studded album. I'm a HUGE Freeway fan and still bummed he hasn't put anything solo out in a while. Outside of those two you get Twista, Rell, Peedi Crack, Noreaga, and Young Chris just to name a few.

Yung Meek: Go Get It. This is one of those CDs I got just because. I'll listen to anything and give it at least one chance. I haven't heard this guy yet, but all I know is that's he's from Houston. We're just winging it with this CD and getting his name out there in blog land, Thug Chuc style. Maybe we'll find one of those gems.



Bird's Dirty Thug Ho of the Week: http://www.myspace.com/da_baddest_bitch

Bird's Video Moment of the Week: I know everyone hates the Starburst Berries & Cream commercial. It's so horribly bad that it's actually funny. Here's a good remix: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5hWsmm4E5RE

Bird's Song of the Week: Birdman & Lil Wayne - You Ain't Know. The song currently on my MySpace page, but check it out here too: http://www.djbooth.net/index/tracks/review/birdman-lil-wayne-you-aint-know/. Hey Felisha, don't forget the Baby.

3 Quick Thangs:

1. I have to get another video in because this one is just so good. Maybe it's my weird humor, but I was in tears watching. There's 3 parts, but I'll post one. It's a guy giving commentary on his Super Mario Bros adventures. Doesn't sound like much, but I could listen to this guy get fired up and cuss all day long. Again, thanks to Kasher of #basketball fame for providing us with some classics: http://youtube.com/watch?v=k7VB-Nrh3hs

2. Now would be a good time for a quick fact. What is a chiromancer? It's a palm reader. Don't say I never brought some knowledge to your heads.

3. Let's rock out some birthdays for Thursday, April 26th: Actress Carol Burnett is getting up there, 74. Up next would be actor Jet Li, he turns 44 today. Wrestler Kane of See No Evil fame goes for 40. T-Boz of TLC, she's 37. That's all I have for ya. See you in another week or so, good times. Thanks as usual for reading this madness.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo I made your famous blog hehe, Them gosh darn out of stater's they dont know nuttin hehehe...

Not Kate said...

Even I knew WV was a state.

We get the same thing where people think we're part of Australia... maybe just to piss us off :)

Anonymous said...

ugg france zyebtijt ugg pas cher tnaluhzr bottes ugg snwchpug ugg australia vigrjrpf bottes ugg pas cher vobxhurl ugg

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this website before but after looking at a few of the articles I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm certainly delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking it and
checking back frequently!

My blog post - www.tumblr.com

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to pay a visit this website and reading the views of all mates about this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting experience.

my web blog: las Vegas Loosest slots

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures
aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking
issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

Also visit my web-site :: bock of ra online

Anonymous said...

Hi theгe! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

Check out my homepage :: reputation management

Anonymous said...

Hi there colleagues, how is everything, and what you desire to say concerning this article, in my view its truly awesome designed for me.


Look into my blog :: book of ra kostenlos spielen.de

Anonymous said...

Hi thеre, just wanted to mеntion, ӏ liked this
blog post. It was inspiring. Keep οn poѕting!


Also visit my web blog link building service