Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"Bam! Hit Em With a Freeze Pop!"

Today's blog title was sent in to us by none other than Corndog. It's a quote from the great Mr. Chi City who we had a vid on a few weeks back.

I'm never sure what direction to start some blogs out with. Why not start it out with Saturday night? I wanted to open up with the Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins, but I know that most reading probably aren't nearly as into that as I am. I'll get to that of course, but for now we'll branch out into Mexican food. After watching Notre Dame barely eek out a win against Washington, I get the call just as my stomach was craving food. I went to the infamous El Rincon with Cork and Kristin (who are gearing up for the big wedding next month that I'm in) as well as Kari and Matty Cakes. I'm always up to go out and eat with the crew.



Kari and Matty Cakes tapped out after food and socializing action, so the rest of us were bored and didn't want to call it a night. Word has it that we're getting together this Saturday night for a bash at their place, should be fun. Anyways, what saves the day? Mini golf, that's right, is there ever a bad time to battle in that? We cruise down to Fairmont to Coal Country. I think I'm the last person in this area who hasn't been there, believe it or not. The setup there is really good I think and for the price, you can't beat it. I did my usual role of playing wingman and we had a tight 18-hole matchup. I was getting my brains beat in on the front 9, I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's a fairly tough course and not your average mini golf layout. Then I started zoning out. I ended up winning the back 9, but still fell short in the fight to glory to bring home The Masters green jacket. Cork and Kristin ended up in a tie and I was 2 strokes back. Then the rest of the late night went down by Cork and I dominating folks online in Call of Duty. About a month away till 11-10-09! That's right, that's the day us video game dorks all across the land will be shooting heads on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I literally can barely contain myself in anticipation, no matter how weird that might seem to those who don't play it. My buddies and I are ate up way too much with these games.

It's time for another TV update. Last week started an epic show that you have to love. If you watch every year like me, you know what's up. That would be Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins. I could write a blog just on each character this season, but I'll try to condense it down to just a few paragraphs. If you're about crazy drama breaking bad for some good TV watching entertainment, this show is definitely for you. The thing that cracks me up with these people is that after their Real World/Road Rules seasons are finished, they say they are on the right path to life and all of that, it's their stepping stone to something bigger and better. Apparently not. Why? Because we see them on this show till they're 40, so I guess that's their life ambition, just be reality TV junkies. Not that there's anything wrong with that I guess if MTV keeps paying them. There's a whopping 28 people on this year's edition and what a mix we have. It's such a craze that one of the one and only Boston Sports Guy, aka Bill Simmons on ESPN did a podcast on this last week with his boys. They had a fantasy draft of this show and are giving points for hookups, fights, threesomes, etc. They are taking away if someone cries, talks about someone back at home, throws up, among other things. BSG also is petitioning for this to be the 4th major spot and wants to throw baseball out in its place. Let's throw hockey or football out before baseball. Then again, I'm one of very few I know who prefers baseball much more than football. Come on, it's playoff time.



Most of the guys come into this show all dieseled out. If they're rookies, they learn soon enough to roid up and become beasts the next time you see them. Mix the roids with their already crazy personalities and you get eruptions. Wes looks to be the focus this season as he's already throwing his own teams' challenges. He acts all big and bad when to me he's more funny than not. He's now with Kellyanne, but she used to be shacked up with Johanna. Johanna hooked up with Kenny who is also on the show. Cohutta is on the show and used to be with Kellyanne. Confused yet? Another we have is Shauvon. She hooked up with CT last season on the roof. As a side note, CT is easily my favorite Real World character ever and it's a shame he's not on this year's challenge. CT's ex Diem is on the show. Dunbar, he might be the first person to commit a murder on this show, he's totally unpredictable. He was also a part of a love triangle with both Kimberly and Paula. Tonya is a total mess. She used to be hot back in the day, but now is a messed up alcoholic with other problems going on too and it makes her look 50 years old. Oh, how I could keep going on this. I'll stop this week though and just give my picks. On the dudes side, I'm choosing Evan to win, with the chicks, it'll be Evelyn who is just on a completely different atmosphere than the rest of these girls as far as physical ability goes. After one week, Chet and Diem were sent home. I'll keep you updated.

One person I never quite understood is Andy Dick. What's he point of this thing? Maybe he's (it?) hilarious to some? I have no clue, honestly. He's more of a nuisance to me and makes you want to bash him in the face at the sight of him. Does he even have any relevance? Why am I talking about this guy? No other reason than I wanted to throw some random opinions in here, why not? Reading up on some of his stuff since I'm bored, I didn't know he was (is?) a cokehead among a lot of other drugs. If you're a fan of this thing, more power to ya. I'm just interested in that if you are what is your reason, what is so good about him, nothing else. He's just strange to me.



Here's another thought for no reason that I saw a few of these in the local paper the past few days. Suicide. I guess it may be a bit different if I was one of these people who are constantly depressed and hating life. Even then, I can't comprehend it. What is ending your life going to prove? You're basically just calling it quits and saying you can't do it anymore, which I'm going to say is total BS. Am I mean for saying that is a cop out for someone that takes this path of life? Even worse is when you see people kill themselves over their girlfriend or boyfriend. You kidding me on that? Really? This week's finger of shame definitely is going to go out to suicidal people and even worse to people who actually carry that act out. Get some help, seriously, don't just give up on life.

This is a site that has been around for a while, but some might not be all up on it. What would I be talking about? Topix. If you're all about Facebook, which everyone and their brother is, you'll be into this if you haven't given it a try. Why do most go on Facebook anyways? We're all nosy and just want to see what's happening in the gossip world. Either that or it's just a great time killer. Those are the only two reasons, rarely any others will be accepted. Now Topix has your individual town in there and you'd be surprised what people are talking about. I'm in the middle of nowhere where everyone knows everyone, so it's kind of funny to read some of these things. People have too much time on their hands, but you get to read who is sleeping with who, what people's real opinions are on some things without holding back, and even some actual decent topics, imagine that. Either way, it's like a mini version of your town's Real World episode, some real and some not so much. Half of this stuff probably isn't even true, but if you're online 24/7 like me (and most reading this probably are), then it's worth checking out. Here's the link: http://www.topix.com. Also, for the iPhone owners, there's a free app for this as well, search for it, it's great. On there it's called Topix Aura.



Cali Jas texted me and told me to write on this next thing.. What's the whole fuss over the David Letterman story? I get it. What he did was definitely wrong, but like this surprises anyone with celebrities? Or even regular random bums for that matter. The blackmail part I have a problem with though. I'd imagine his wife knew what was up for a while anyways, but color her stupid if not. How dumb was the guy who threatened him with a $2 million payout not to turn this into a movie? I like how Letterman called his bluff, checked with the court system and had this guy collect the fake check anyways, basically getting caught. I think I'm right on that part of the story. If not, correct me and let me know the deal. I do have to laugh how Letterman just aired his garbage on his show and came out and said he banged some of his staff members. What gets me is these news shows each night. I guess they have nothing else to report on or maybe I just don't watch them enough, but they talk about the same story for a month. I guess people watch? My parents like watching Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell, but both of these chicks scare me like no other. They look mean to begin with (at least in my opinion) and just try to scream and yell, but apparently they have a lot of fans. They're all over the Letterman story though. I'm a Letterman fan, but to me, I could care less about this story. It's a meaningless story in my mind.

Hey Dom, I think you're right on your Twitter post the other day. I've been saying that all along. If you're seeing it now, wait till ya get to my age. Rap is a fad to most people and they grow out of it. That's not the true fans at all. You know I'm still with it as much as ever, but we're one of few of our crew. That gives me an opening to give everyone two songs of the day. One is Addicted To Money by Lil Scrappy and Ludacris. The other? Beat It Up by Gucci Mane and Trey Songz. Ok, one more. I Got This by Young Jeezy. Go load up your iPods, there's your recommendations. Dom, get back with me for some non-mainstream type stuff and we'll compare some things. Since I'm a shill for cheap plugs and nobody else is going to do it, if you're not on board, add me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Bird33WV. Randomly I'll throw in a few other Twitter pages every so often for you to follow of my buddies. For example? Kasher the Great's page/nickname is kingdomofchris, Dom is StripclubPapst, and Corndog is corndogtaylor. Just add those at the end of the Twitter address obviously, they're good reads.



Bird's Dirty of the Week: Apparently this is the Queen Pimp. She's 35 and in San Diego. And in her little blurb thing: "IM JENNIFER I HAVE 3 KIDS IM MEXICAN IM A BIG MOMMA DONT LIKE IT 2 BAD, BISEXUAL AND AINT ASHAMED AT ALL..." Who would she like to meet? "WOULD LIKE TO MEET PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT SHALLOW TOWARDS BIG PEOPLE, YES I LIKE MEN BUT I PREFERE WOMEN MORE WANT TO TRY A ASIAN WOMAN ONE DAY". Hey, I just post on it, these are actual sayings. She has a lot of pic folders for everyone to check out. Corndog, the one you sent in this week turned into a private profile or it would've been an epic one to use. However, I think I found a good replacement. Check Queen Pimp out here: www.myspace.com/bibbw46806

Bird's Video Moment of the Week: Since mini golf was our opener, why not keep that theme going? Not quite mini golf, but Uncle Wilbur brings us this submission. Shotgun Golf. It is what it sounds like. It's cheesy funny, but something about the peoples' reaction makes it that much better to me. Thanks again to Wilbur for getting things done around here:



3 Quick Thangs:

1. I haven't done any birthdays lately, so here we go.. Thursday, October 8th. We start out with David Carradine of Kung Fu fame, he would've been 73, but passed away in June. The first living guy we have is Crocodile Dundee himself, Paul Hogan, 70. Reverend Jesse Jackson, 68. Comedian Chevy Chase goes for his 66th and so does author R.L. Stine. Actress Sigourney Weaver, celebrating her 60th. Robert "Kool" Bell of Kool and the Gang fame, 59. NECKCAR driver Bill Elliott, 54. Former NFL quarterback, Boomer Esiason, 48. Now we're getting to some younger people now. Actor Matt Damon, one of the best out there if you ask me, 39. Nick Cannon, who someohow lucked out and is with Mariah Carey now, he's 29. As Dave Chappelle's son would say, "Nick Cannon is hilarrrrious!" That's a very solid group if you ask me, fairly impressive.

2. It was time to switch up Muscle Milk flavors. Maybe my favorite so far and that is strawberry banana. This stuff is like candy to me once I mix it, I'm hooked, it's that good. At least to me, I guess not to others? I had Dad try some the other day and he had the opposite reaction. He tried one of my protein shakes I mixed up and said it was the worst thing he's ever tasted in his life and almost puked. That had me laughing a bit and I was surprised he didn't like it. I was on chocolate for a while, but the other day picked up a few jugs of strawberry banana and vanilla creme. I'm still going to recommend it though.

3. Shhhh... only 20 days till NBA OPENING NIGHT! I can't even hold in this excitement. Answer and DerekHood, you should be ashamed of yourselves, hah. It's time to gear up for the greatest sport known to man. See you guys next week.

1 comment:

Ms. Jazzie said...

Lol Lol Lol!

Awesome blog! And the lucha masks just reminded me again... its still in the trunk of my car.. I got ur addy and all on a label but STILL I forget to send it.. I will get it soon enough!! Bare with me. :)