Thursday, March 19, 2009

High Heels, Tough Love, & Coach Goes Nuts!

You know what's bad times? That's when you have part of your blog typed up and it vanishes into thin air. I was typing up some of it and saved it at work. Then when I come home to load it up, I had a page already saved as well from what I worked on with a draft. I forgot to load the one from work and saved the home version and there ya go, gone. Oh well, time to start this beast over. So what's been happening lately? This week we celebrated green for St. Patrick's Day. Everyone knows I wear that just about everyday between my Celtics and Notre Dame gear, so that was just an excuse to wear it more and let the world know of the rough years I suffered through with the Celtics to now where I can wear champion merchandise. Another thing, people are asking where this week's blog is at. When that happens, I best get to typing before someone comes and goes all Chris Brown on me. Let's get it going!



Some of the local people saw this story earlier in the week. I was sitting at the table, minding my business and tearing into some homemade spaghetti and meatballs. It doesn't get much better than that if you ask me. The parents had the local news on and I check it out on a fairly regular basis. As far as national news, I could care less about that garbage. I just don't find that stuff interesting, for it's the same stories everyday. Anyways, as I'm sitting there eating, they have a story on port-a-potty systems and how they are cleaned. I know they need to be cleaned, but our news crew actually gets the camera deep inside the pot to show you what's up. For real now? We all know what's in there, no reason to show that mess. I'm not one that freaks out over that stuff like some may, but they could've went without that for sure. Only in West Virginia. That's the level of news we get here. In actual cities you get your crime news, murders, and all of that. Then again, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else at the moment. Blahah though mentioned on our message board that he read a piece that says West Virginia is the unhappiest state at the moment. If you were wondering, yes, I finished my plate of spaghetti.

I'm on a decent running schedule as of late. Enough to keep me going aside from also playing ball and working out regularly. I was down on my town's trail where I do most of my running. One thing I never understood was dogs. Not so much dogs in general, but exercise and dogs. I can see if you take your dogs to the trail and walk them leisurely. A few people on Wednesday when I ran though, they're actually running along with their dogs on a leash. That seems to work for a bit of time and then the dog will give up, wizz on a tree, or be an all around idiot to screw up your running pace. I don't even have a dog, but just seeing this drives me wild. Maybe I'm weird, but when I'm a run, I'm not out there goofing around and having something mess up my pace. But for the people who can keep that pace with the dog, more power to em. Maybe they're just happy to get out there at half speed, but that's not me. This week though, I saw this chick that was about 45 and a dude pushing 60. To me, that's great to see people of that age actually getting it going with a run and actually putting some effort into it. Women especially, you barely see any young ones run in my area, let alone in the 40s and 50s, so I have to give credit where it's due. Not all of them can run like Kristen in Germany, who is featured again later in the blog.



Now a trip to the gas station. No certain one, just a gas station. It could be in Alaska, Iowa, even New Hampshire. You get the picture. You're there pumping your heart away at the station and look to see the price of the day. You're stuck paying it regardless, so people that complain about gas prices, what's it going to do anyways? The other day it was $1.99 here for the cheap stuff. When you go to most places, it posts the prices exact. For example, it'll say $1.99 9/10. Basically you're paying $2.00. The same theory behind store prices for anything is what I compare it to. Why is something $49.99? Why not just a cool even $50 to make it look all easy to deal with? It doesn't matter at all in the end, but it's just strange to me. I know to some people people look at that as being less than $50 and maybe that sells them, who knows. I just like things easy and straight to the point. Nine tenths of a penny? Come on people. You can't even factor that out. Also at gas stations, a thumbs down to pumps that don't have the piece that you can lock in that will pump it automatically to fill it up without you holding on.

Here's one I'll give an opinion on from my personal perspective. High heels on girls. Why would I talk about this? Why not? It keeps you on your toes, this instance, literally. I know I'm definitely in the minority, but high heels on a girl don't do a whole lot for me. It seems awkward to me and although it may look good in a skirt, I'm not a huge fan one way or the other. Besides, I don't need a girl looking to present herself as a giant. That's not attractive to me, but I know some guys go wild for that. I'll chalk high heels up with bright red lipstick on my scale of overrated things. Most times though, the chicks feel more sexy in heels or whatever, but I'm fairly easy to please. No heels unless necessary if you're asking me, but again, what do I know? Not a lot.



It's that time of year. What would that be? Even if you're not a college basketball fan, you know what it's all about. We're down to the 64 teams to fight it out till their death. Well, not that intense, but you know what I'm after. I always love picking brackets, but for the past several years, I've done fairly horrible. A lot of it is luck of course, but I'm one that tends to pick a few extra upsets than your average guy. Also, I'm not one that picks 10 different brackets. I'm in a few different ones and stick with the same bracket in all. As Mike Greenberg would say, I go for the integrity. Golic goes for the cash, but I wouldn't be able to keep track of different brackets and it wouldn't be fun since you'd be rooting against yourself in some cases. Most won't care, but I'm going to reveal my picks just because. I'll go from my Elite 8 and down. There I have Louisville, Michigan State, UConn, Marquette, Florida State, Nova, UNC, and Syracuse. Final Four time and it's Michigan State against UConn and FSU versus UNC. Finals I have UNC over Michigan State, 85-73. Yeah, a homer pick, I know. There ya go, free advice to bet on the games with. Take it and do what you wish, I'm sure my bracket will be messed up by this weekend.

Idol this week? We're now down to 10 people. That's the number that goes on tour for the summer, so that is locked in. I've been money lately. For the past 3 weeks, I've been right on who has been booted. I'm usually not good at that stuff, but maybe it's a sign. This week, Pink Hair Alexis gets send packing. Now she'll be online way too much like the rest of us with nothing better to do. I wasn't big on her, but I know a decent amount of people backed her. At this point, I think Gokey is the favorite. I like him though, he's cool with me. The two I'm rooting for at this point more than him would be Anoop Dogg as I wrote about before and Emo Adam. He's a weirdo, but I think he's talented. If you saw this week's performance, it was way over the top and straight up strange, I'll admit. At the end of this week's show, mom was talking to one of her 85 year old buddies. The old woman wanted to know who I was rooting for and we had basically the same people, so she was pumped. Old people rock. Listen to em, you might learn something.



A new TV show recommendation for people like me who have too much time on their hands. This one was sent along to me by The_Freak and I figured I'd give it a chance on the opening week. On Sunday nights, tune in to VH1 and watch Tough Love. If you're all about the crazy drama on TV that serves no purpose other than entertainment, this is for you. This show has a group of chicks who are trying to find the right guy or learn more about themselves. I'm not even sure of the entire concept. Either way, the host is a guy and he gives his honest opinions to these chicks who are mostly hot. They're the types that can basically get a guy to get with them anytime they want, but nobody takes seriously. It's too honest for some, but that's what these girls signed up on the show for. They wouldn't hear that in the general population for the most part since they get by on being hot. The host holds nothing back at all and you get your money's worth, at least from the first episode. I could see some getting offended by this show, but it's a good watch, give it a whirl if you're all about crazy drama and people whining. That's some good TV watching if you ask me.

What does the next blog hold in store for all? I'm not quite sure and that's always the joy of writing these things up. It all depends on what strange and out there things that happen in my world which I can ramble on about. I do have a little road trip planned for Friday though, for it's a wrestling trip. I'm off to Elizabeth, Pennsylvania after work for a Ring of Honor Wrestling show. I've been to several ROH shows in Cleveland, but the return to the Pittsburgh area is back and I can't be anymore pumped. I won't bore you with too much wrestling talk, but if you're a wrestling fan, you know of ROH for sure, they're that good. Some of the greatest wrestling there is, bar none. Also, it features in my opinion, the best wrestler in the world today, Bryan Danielson. Most haven't heard of him if you're just a mainstream fan and that's a shame, but look him up, he's no joke. It's time to get educated on Danielson. Other than that, we'll find something in the mix to talk about next week. Send me some ideas and I'll always consider.



Bird's Dirty Thug Ho of the Week: Arizona Jas is taking the week off from giving us a new girl. In her place, we go to Germany Kristen for this week's edition. This chick has a good body, I'll give her that, but the face, ouch. I won't bash it too much, but you'll see what I mean. Hard to tell what the guy from Tough Love would be saying. www.myspace.com/miss_beauty85

Bird's Video Moment of the Week: The locals will know this guy for sure, but I'll introduce the clip to the masses. Coach Basile, son of legendary Angelo Basile, as he puts on quite the show at high school basketball games in West Virginia. It's 8 minutes worth of excellence, one of my favorite vids in a while. We're talking dropkicks, beating his head on the scorer's table, getting his crowd all riled up, running onto the court, and the whole works. Even with that, the guy is a real good coach. I've watched it a good 10 times at least already. You won't be disappointed. This is for everyone, basketball fan or not. Enjoy.





3 Quick Thangs:

1. I haven't plugged any other blogs lately, so it's time for that. Cali Jas, a regular in here, she's was out of the posting fun for a month and a half. After a little break, she's back in action and we might as well make mention of that since you people obviously have reading time on your hands if you're reading my stuff. She disappointed me with the Slumdog review, but our movie reviews are always completely opposite, so that makes it fun. How can you walk out on that movie? For shame, hah. Anyways, go here if you get a chance. Drop a comment off on her blog if you want to as well, it only takes a second: http://msjazzie.blogspot.com

2. Why not hit up some birthdays for Friday, March 20th? That's also the first day of spring. Mr. Rogers would've been 81 today. Hall of Fame basketball coach Pat Riley, architect of the 1980s Showtime Lakers, 64 and some of the greasiest hair you'll ever see. Hockey great Bobby Orr, 61. Director Spike Lee, 52. Actress Holly Hunter, she goes for her 51st. Sports Illustrated model Kathy Ireland, 46 and still looking pretty good. Chester Bennington, vocalist for Linkin Park and known for his tats, 33. Nick Wheeler, guitarist for the All-American Rejects, 27. That's about all I have on that end. It's a day past and I've already told her, but we'd like to wish Cousin Kari a Happy 25th for she celebrated that on Wednesday!

3. Today's fact to feast on that I didn't know, but most of you probably already do.. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa....i get 2 mentions in one blog! Dang.

And you throwing it down with the running...guess not everyone does this stuff huh?
Dont be bashing on my heels now either...if a chick wears them for a man, she's stupid anyway...she needs to look good for herself!
OH..and until 2 weeks ago, i didnt know how to use the little flip down thing on the gas pumps! live and learn...
Anyway..rambled enough..good stuff as always! Keep tearing up the mean streets with the investigated porta-potties over there!

Ms. Jazzie said...

So this will be hard since it was hella packed AWESOME blog here! Quality like always my friend!

So there you were eating Spaghetti and meatballs and u see crap?! Hell props to you for keeping it down. I am too visual to let it go down like that. What is up with your news station? Well at least you get new from where you live...im stuck watching LA news and im 30 minutes away!

High heels eh? You know something high heels dont do anything for me either... they look nice and what not but not sexy that it turns me on. I rather wear flats with a nice skirt it makes the whole outfit playful. :)

You need to come to Cali my friend! Especially by Pacific Coast Highway and the real rich places. You see the whole neighborhood running at different times of the day. And yes they run with their dog but it seems like they are trained out here because I rarely see them stop.

You know I am not huge on American Idol or wrestling but once it gets to the bottom 5 people ill start watching and texting in my vote like always. I have at&t so its always free! Oh yeah and my unlimited texting too. Which reminds me when are you going to join the rest of us in this new age??

The coach is killing me! I swear he is intense and that is great!

Thanks for the shoutout my man! I really appreciate it!! Yeah... Slumdog Sucked!!! hahahaah love yah!!!

Quality like always.. cant wait for next blog!