Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Action

Happy Mother's Day to all out there. Did everyone do it big for the day? Mine was happy, so I can't complain. It's not like gifts can pay her back for all she does at the house, but I guess that's all mothers for ya. Other than that, things here are going real good, so I'll just jump into some stories right away..



I got to play night volleyball for the first time this year earlier last week. That's always a good time. We had 18 for the festivities and played in Bridgeport since my bum town won't put up a pit for us. We rolled with three teams of 6 and my team was by far the worst. But I was also on a very fun team, so it all worked out. I won't list the entire crew there, but I'll tell my team for the locals: Me, Buck, Sweet Pea's chick, Critchfield, Critchfield's chick, and Matty Mills. One team was stacked like crazy, while the other team had some nice talent as well. Out of nowhere, this guy we didn't even know pimp struts through. He asks if he can play, we don't care, so he gets in. It turns out he starts dominating and becomes the best player there, go figure. He put on a clinic. My serve is my best thing probably. Nobody there is that great, so it's just fun to get out there at night and goof off.

After that, we rolled to Denny's around midnight when we finished. The exciting thing there was Ozzie proving everyone wrong. I've never seen it done, but he said he could eat 6 saltine crackers in one minute. That might not sound like much, but it's a feat to get done. He wiped it out easily and by the time he was done, he was sweating his nads off due to trying it. I know I wouldn't be able to do that. I'm not a fast eater to begin with, but it was something to check out. Like most times, I got my usual, 2 pancakes with strawberries and an order of cheesesticks.



Friday and Saturday I got away and went with my Dad to go fishing. Friday was supposed to be 70% of rain, but it didn't rain one drop and turned out to be beautiful. Stupid weathermen, they don't have a clue. We didn't slay them, but the ones we did catch were some big ones. It was also good just to relax at the place my parents have by reading and watching some TV.

Speaking of reading, the book I took up there is called Walking a Golden Mile by William Regal. Yep, the wrestler. A VERY good book so far as I'm more than halfway through already. He's a great storyteller, is respected in the business for being around forever and knowing his craft, and even goes into detail about how messed up he was in the late 90s on drugs. I've always been a big reader and my favorites are wrestling books or anything sports related. I'm not sure what my next purchase will be, but I'm sure I'll have something fairly soon once I finish this book.

Saturday was a big happening for my boy Cork. He graduated from college that day. Not too bad at all for a Shinnstonite, we do it big here. At 2:00, he had a big thing for his graduation at Damon's. It was mostly family, but myself, Ozzie, and my Aunt Linda were also part of the action as a lot of people showed up. I did get to see Uncle Cork's new baby (his sister had a baby a week or so ago) and everything was healthy there. I didn't hold the baby as I always feel like I'd break them at that size. I ended up loading Cork up with a big gift certificate at GameStop. You only graduate once and he's my boy, so I figured why not spend some extra cash. Cork, saying I spent too much, ends up buying a game for my house too since he's out here all the time. He got Mario Kart: Double Dash and you can't EVER go wrong with any Mario Kart games. I'm not sure why we didn't buy this before for GameCube. He also loaded up on some XBox stuff for his house.



For those who know me, you already know that I'm a big fan of Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball player Seth McClung. Long story to how that happened, but I've told it on here before. He's a WV boy for one, but I won't get into the details. Anyways, on his MySpace, he sent his buddies an email with a request to vote for him to get a figurine made. If you're bored and can help a brother out, go here: http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tb/fan_forum/y2006/vote_figurine.jsp.

I took a week off work last week and that was pretty sweet. Only a few more weeks left and I'll be more of a bum than I already am. That I can't wait for. Not that I have anything crazy planned for the summer, it'll just be nice to sleep in, be on here more than I should be, go to a good bit of baseball games, play some ball, workout, video games, and do whatever else happens in the mean streets.



3 Quick Thangs:

1. In EDDFL news for 2006-2007, we're adding a new member. That's my cousin Ozzie, as Hammer Time gets the boot due to inactivity. We'll still have 12 members in the league and I can't wait till that time of the year comes.

2. At least until Thursday, it won't get to 70 degrees in my area. The weathermen don't have a clue as I've said, but that's my kind of weather. I'm not ready for the hot summer stuff. I'd be happy if it were under 70 all year round.

3. A week away from hitting the 2-year anniversary in here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fat chance

Anonymous said...

BUBBA!!!!!!!!! I'VE MISSED YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMUCH!!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH!!!I HAVE BEEN GROUNDED FOR LIKE IT SEEMS FOREVER!!!! NOW IM BACK AND I CAN TALK TO YOU..........I G2G TO BED NOW THO..........I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!

sTEPHANIE