Saturday, January 28, 2006

Big Time Like Mike Bibby

Weekend update time. I've been trying to get a few posts in a week. I'd like to get in more, but you know how that goes. So I won't make any guarantees. Hopefully the crew is still around to see what I have in store since the last post I made about the Hall of Fame trip.



I didn't workout any this week due to me having some sinus problems. In my 12 years of working out, I've never missed more than a week of working out, so I like to keep that streak alive. I hate when I have to miss and I was so out of it for a few days that I didn't even play ball on Thursday night. Now that's bad times. I'm getting closer to recovery though, so don't fear.

For the MySpace dudes, I don't get why I have to login EVERY single time I go to that site. Even if I click on Remember Me, it still asks for my stuff. That has me ready to just slap my monitor and give it some Chin Music through my wall. I've heard of other people getting mad over this too. Is there no way around that where it automatically has me logged in? In #basketball speak, that is teh ghey.



Yesterday at work, what were the movies I watched? For two classes, we watched Like Mike. A few of my kids wanted to see this one again. I'm always up for a good basketball movie and this one is quality. Fun for all ages as they say. In another class, this girl brought in White Chicks. I hadn't seen this one before, so I was up for checking it out. It was funny stuff as you can't really go wrong with the Wayans teaming up together in a joint. If you like comedy stuff and haven't seen this one when it was new, it's worth a watch I think.

Sunday could bode to be HUGE for me. The first thing may have me fainting or remembering it for the rest of my life. I'm going to Beckley (southern WV) to listen to The Basketball Jesus himself, Larry Bird be the keynote speaker at the Coal Classic, a big high school basketball tourney in my state. Bird in West Virginia? Are you kidding me? Of course I have to try to jump all over that action. It's roughly a 2½ hour drive, but should be well worth it. In 1989 I went to DC to watch Bird in a game, but his back was mangled, so he stayed in Boston, doh! He could have at least sat there in street clothes, but I was bummed out.



Hopefully I get home from the Bird extravaganza early enough to watch the Royal Rumble. One of my favorite Pay Per Views of the year, possibly my favorite one of all. My boy Rob Van Dam will be back and that's worth the price admission alone. Angle is facing a piece of garbage, Mark Henry, and somehow he'll make that bum look like a million bucks. The other matches aren't anything I'm jumping out of my seat for, but the Rumble itself is why people want to see this event. WWE.com even has odds of the winners this year, that cracks me up good.

Where have I been on getting new CDs lately? Not sure what my problem is there. But I finally got one after a long absence. I go Bay Area and get a true legend. I load up on Too $hort's latest, Pimpin' Incorporated. This is a mixtape, but plays like a regular album. It's not one of those goofy mixtapes that has a DJ in the background just screaming to ruin the song. None of that stuff. This is the real deal.



3 Quick Thangs:


1. Saturday, January 28th birthdays you ask? Golfer Nick Price is 49. NBA rebounding machine, Michael Cage goes for 44. NBA baller Tony Delk, who I met last year, turns 32. Backstreet Boy Nick Carter is 26. Actor Elijah Wood hits 25.

2. Thanks to Kasher for posting this one on Lobstah.. but if nobody has heard, since WV is full of nothing but fatties, within 3 years all of the middle schools are supposed to have Dance Dance Revolution for video games in classes. Sweet.

3. I was watching BET earlier and they actually have a Guys Gone Wild now. I couldn't make that up if I tried. Weird.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

White Chicks was a great movie. I guess that is why your name on here is Bird 33 huh.

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was his favorite animal, and number of animals of the same name he enjoys eating.

Anonymous said...

He should have been an ornithologist.

Anonymous said...

you can't go wrong with white chicks. fun stuff there. ya i thought the same about bird33. but i figured it out. its for larry bird and his number. you are up to early today. its going to snow here. oh wait, it is snowing. j/k take care. glad to know you are on the road to recovery. KASHER, help me, what is an ornithologist???

Anonymous said...

ornithologist

n : a zoologist who studies birds

Anonymous said...

Hope your getting better. And hope your trip to good ol Beckley will be a good one since ya woulnt be but some odd miles from me :)

Anonymous said...

thanks kasher...

Anonymous said...

always happy to help. :-)

Anonymous said...

"Guys gone wild" huh? Are you part of this? hehe ;-P Just joking....or am I? Take care down there! ~SAR~

Anonymous said...

^^^ Shareef Abdur-Rahim posts here?

Anonymous said...

Shinnston Gone Wild.