Sunday, July 17, 2005

"Drunken Stories Are The Berst"

Props go out to my girl Jenn Jenn who gave me this topic just now. She mangled the typing there and changed it in her message to me when I asked her to give me the topic, but I liked "berst" instead of best. Kind of gives it a neck/gangsta flow.

Ok, let me get this straight. Maybe I was kept out of this rumor or secret, but I’m baffled now. Crispy is 29 years old? What?! Yep, that Crispy, a.k.a. Andy Milonakis. Supposedly, unless all of these articles that I’m reading are messing with us, that is his real age. You guys know I love this show early on, but that’s just messed up. Kind of just makes ya think, but he’s still the man. I guess I just can’t call him a kid anymore, but for this Blog’s perspective, he’ll still be a kid. Make sense? Probably not.

I get behind in times with certain things. It took me a long time until I finally converted over from cassettes to CDs. I did that around 2001 or so and now I have CDs like mad. Well, I’ve been using floppy disks for years. I save all kinds of stupid things such as epic chats in #basketball, pictures over time, all of my fantasy league information, and who knows what else. Now I finally loaded up on a jump drive. Yeah, it took me a while and I wish I had done it sooner. I got a 256MB drive for $30. I’ve already gotten well worth the money I put into this. Now instead of having hundreds of floppies around, I can now store them on this tiny drive that slides into a USB slot. For those behind times like I was, you need one of these. They’re very handy and easy to use.



For the Hold Em Poker fans, there’s a new one out there that you need to check out. Or new to me at least. Cork hooked me up with this place and it’s one of few that still does regular Hold Em Tournaments for free. The place to go is http://www.PokerChamps.com. Every hour there are tourneys to get in on and the setup is nice. Big tourneys too. Most of them have over 1500 people playing, so it’s intense. You best check that out. And why did ESPN reveal the 2005 World Series of Poker Champion before they put the show on TV starting this Tuesday? Weird. But I’ll still watch.

What is new for me in the world of CDs? Well, I’m here to tell you the latest. First, we have Bow Wow giving us Wanted. This one is pretty good I think. Bow Wow is maturing quick. Only 11 songs on this beast, but give it a try. Everyone knows of the one released with Omarion called Let Me Hold You, but my favorites on this one is Caviar featuring Snoop and Like You with Ciara. I also got Back Like Cooked Crack from Juelz Santana. This is Part 1 which came out last year. Part 2 is out as well from 2005. I also get Slum Village’s creation, Prequel To A Classic.

Snoop goes old school by using a chorus that reminds you of the Snoop of old. He breaks out Evander Holyfield as they team up with this:

[Bow Wow]
On a mission, wishin’ upon a star
Young Bow Weezie getting Caviar

[Snoop]
In the back of a limo
A demo this is the real
Breakin’ niggas down like they Evander Holyfield


For those in a coma on the rap scene, the Evander Holyfield part reminds us all of the greatest song of all time. Not just the greatest rap song, but THE greatest song ever. I won’t even argue it. Here’s a piece of Snoop’s work from Nuthin’ But A G Thang off of Dr. Dre’s The Chronic. Yes, that’s THE greatest album of all time. Here ya go:

Now you know I ain't with that shit, Lieutenant
Ain't no pussy good enough to get burnt while I'm up in it
[Dre: Yeah!] And that's realer than Real Deal Holyfield
And now you hookers and hoes know how I feel
Well if it's good enough to get broke off a proper chunk
I'll take a small piece of some of that funky stuff




Today we have planned a big Hillbilly Horseshoes Tournament if it doesn’t rain a lot. Hopefully I can have some good stories from that and maybe even some pics if you’re lucky enough to get such a thing from the madness. Then we’ll mention Sunday’s crazy night of TV with MTV and VH1 having me flipping left and right. Monday is RAW. Dang, I don’t mess around up here.

I guess I’m back to the longer posts in this one. I tried something different in the last edition. You never know what you might get in here, so just hold on for the ride. You know you like it.

3 Quick Thangs:

1. I didn’t get NCAA 2006 this year. GameCube doesn’t get it for one, which is dirty. And I’m not big on PS2’s loading slowness, even though I’m still playing San Andreas like a machine. I’m holding off until August to get Madden 2006.

2. Any famous people with a birthday today? We have David Hasselhoff turning 52, Eric Moulds of the Bills turning 32, and Jason Jennings of the Rockies turning 27. Nothing special.

3. Rice Krispies Squares will be made today. Prepare for me to talk about wiping out an entire pan in just one day’s time. I’m pumped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

^^^ I bet she's hot.

Anonymous said...

HAHA gotta love a hasselhoff reference there.

Anonymous said...

hey great blogs, reading them, ppl are able to get to know ya better. keep it up!