Saturday, January 01, 2005

I'm Bored!

Props goes to my girl Tatapatch for picking today’s Blog title. It’s not as easy as you think to come up with titles, hah. Enjoy.



I went to Wal-Mart the other night since I was out of Gatorade. I can barely survive without my Gatorade, so I had to get up there as soon as possible before I had a nervous breakdown. This was the night before New Years Eve and it was a madhouse. I was only there for Gatorade, Baked Doritos (worth getting if you haven’t tried), the best chips on the market in some Mister Bee stuff straight from West Virginia, and a few other little things. I stroll to the express lane of 20 items or less. That line was a mess, but I had to wait it out anyways. In line, I was talking to this military dude and he gave me his life story. I’ll talk to anyone, so I figure if I was in line that long, I might as well listen. He gave me a good one though and asks me if I was still in high school. I told him I was pretty sure I was older than him by a good bit. He told me he was 22 and I said I had 4 years on the guy. He didn’t know what to think. That kind of cracked me up though, but I guess that’s not a bad thing that I looked young according to that guy, so I’ll take that. This Thursday I’ll be a whopping 26 and I still can’t grow a real beard. Hopefully when I’m like 50, I still look young.

Doh! I screwed up big time in my last Blog. WWE New Year’s Revolution is not this Sunday, it’s next. I was just typing away and had it in my mind all week long to get geared up for the Pay Per View. Then Cork corrected me in the comments and I have to wait another week. It’ll be held on the 9th now, not the 2nd like I first thought. No wonder I was confused to why there were only three matches announced so far.



Did anything big go down on New Years? Nothing really, but it went good nonetheless. No, I didn’t go out and get trashed to where I wouldn’t remember what I did the night before. I must be missing out on that concept and the excitement that goes with it totally. What I did do though is a tradition over the past several years. Becoming bored with the network New Years celebrations, I flip over to BET for their festivities. It’s a festivus for the rest of us. They had a lot of good live performances there and it was funny that the BET big wigs couldn’t bleep out a lot of the cuss words fast enough. Ludacris, Jadakiss, N.O.R.E., Young Buck, and Lloyd Banks were just a few of the rappers who did their thing on stage. On the chicks side of things, Ashanti and Ciara were both looking great as usual, yum.

Cork came over to hang to watch the BET countdown and see the melee that ensued. Not much of a melee though, but I have to hype it up somehow. Then it was Paper Mario time. Cork is all over this one as he’s dominating as of late. It’s always tradition for some video game action on New Years. We used to hold the 2-day marathon of staying up nonstop the whole time like idiots and just battling.



I get tired of everyone asking all the time about each other’s New Years resolutions. I can’t think of any huge ones this year. I may try to slack down on eating a lot of sugar, but that’s always tough to do. I did stop drinking pop 4 years ago (in mid January it’ll be 4 years anyways), so I’ve been able to go without a sip of pop for that long. I’m talking like I’m an alcoholic or something. If I ever break the streak, it’ll be with Cherry Coke for sure though. I’ve also slacked off in my sweet tea drinking. When I’m not at home, I’ll drink sweet tea when I’m eating out, but when I’m at home, I make it with no sugar. Seem rough? It’s not as bad as you’d think. It didn’t take me too long to get used to it.

Here’s a sick and demented, yet interesting pool we have going on among the masses of #basketball rank and file. The fans of Lobstah already know about this, but I don’t believe I’ve chatted about it in here. Props to Kasher for coming up with this idea. A few weeks ago, Kasher comes up with the #Balls Celebrity Deathpool 2005. What better way to celebrate the new year? The rules of this game? We all pick ten people who we think have a chance of dying over the course of the 2005 year. This is how Kasher explains it, “Pick 10 celebrities. For each person on your list who dies in 2005, you rack up points that correspond to 100 minus the person's age at death.” For example, if you pick someone who dies at the age of 50, you take 100 and subtract 50 from it, giving you 50 points in the pool. If you go out on a limb and pick someone that is 20, you gain 80 points. Yes, I know. It’s straight up messed up, but you can’t begin to tell me that you’re not interested just a little in this creative work. First, I’ll post my picks and then give the Lobstah link so you can see everyone involved.

Jason Giambi (New York Yankees player)
Scott Hall a.k.a. Razor Ramon (wrestler)
50 Cent
Mark Mangino (Kansas football coach)
Muhammad Ali
Saddam Hussein
Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets player)
Martha Stewart
Ruben Patterson (Portland Trailblazers player)
Rudy Tomjanovich (Los Angeles Lakers coach)



#Balls Celebrity Deathpool 2005: http://www.lobsterrodeo.com/balls/viewtopic.php?t=1508

Some I had a reason of picking and some I just totally went out on a limb with to make things interesting. I’ll probably give updates on how the standings go throughout the year. A lot of the other guys had some well researched picks, so we’ll see how those end up. Quite a few repeats for Richard Pryor, Muhammad Ali, and The Pope to name a few.

After recommendations from Cork and DerekHood, I just got done watching Collateral. This one stars Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. Jada Pinkett Smith is also in it, with long hair. Long Hair Jada and Short Hair Jada are two different people. I won’t argue that one. She was smokin’ with the long hair. With short hair, she looks like a dude. For anyone taking notes at home, long hair on a girl is probably my favorite thing. First off, you definitely should pick this movie up and see it as soon as possible. It’s that good. Both Cruise and Foxx play their roles to a tee and it has you on the edge the entire time. I’m not going to spoil anything. It’s a 2-hour movie and the first 1:55 was unbelievable. It was just great. The ending, ugh, was WEAK! Don’t let that fool you though because it’s still an awesome movie. Jamie Foxx is underrated here for sure.



I’ll leave you all with that piece of work to chime in the new year with. Peace. Or as the great Demetrius Harris from Playmakers fame would say, "Payyyyccceee!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go me and my title pickin'!! haha.. Sounds like you had a fun New Year's Eve.. I had a fun one too. Anyways, Have fun over yonder!!

Tata