Monday, May 31, 2004

Off To Pittsburgh

This could be a quick post, but I'm due for one. In about a half hour, me and Cork are rolling into Pittsburgh for a Memorial Day baseball game. It doesn't get much more American than that now does it? They're battling the Cards, but rain appears to be in the forecast. I'm excited for a few reasons. I've never been to a 4:35 game and I also get to see Albert Pujols, a real life video game stat producer. So it's Kris Benson against Jason Marquis. I'm especially concerned since I have Benson (http://www.lobsterrodeo.com/balls/viewtopic.php?t=819&highlight=benson) in ManDingo League Baseball. It's always fun to have some fantasy guys at the games you go to, because it means that much more as you watch..

A quick movie deal. When I took back my movies for the weekend, I pick up none other than Outta Time, starring AC Stater of Saved By The Bell fame. He'll always be Slater instead of Mario, and we all know that. But on the front of the movie box, he's all thugged out and ready to bust some crime. That alone has to be hilariously awful that it'll be great to watch. I've read some reviews on it and it's a low budget movie. That should be good stuff for sure. Sometime this week, prepare for a short review on this mess of a movie, but it may surprise us.

Bucs/Cards game on today on national TV.. It's on ESPN, so look for me to catch a homerun ball in the leftfield seats (I'd settle for a foul ball just once in my life, still hasn't happened). Dollar Dog Day! I'm ready to tear up some ballparks for sure. That alone will be worth the admission price.

Now that I look back on this.. this is a really boring post and one I came up with in about 5 minutes since I'm not even dressed to go to Pittsburgh yet. So I better get my gear on and wait for Cork Dizzle to pick me up at 1:00. But I wanted something up here for today, as I'm not sure I'll be able to make another post till tomorrow night. I'll see what I can whip up after RAW maybe if I have time, but I can't guarantee anything.

And in unrelated news, and news that a lot of you won't have a clue what I'm talking about.. but I pulled off a sweep in A#BL this week! I won my matchup against the Houston Buffs, 9-0. My first sweep in ABL history if memory serves me correct. I'll write on my fantasy teams in one of my upcoming posts. Right now I'm in 4th Place out of 20 teams in the infamous A#BL.

Well, I'm really out of here now. Time to get my pimp game on lock and I'll be seeing you all later tonight..

"My job on the show is to be naked, not kill myself." - Chris Pontius, a.k.a. Party Boy

No comments: