Sunday, October 17, 2004

Only 125 Calories? Brilliant!

I did pretty good on Friday night. Or maybe I shouldn’t be proud of this, but whatever. I rolled to bed at 7:30 AM on Saturday morning and woke up at 2:30. The bad part is that I think I was online from about 9:00 on all the way through 7:30. And before that, I was on most of the afternoon before taking a break to pick up some food and get a shower. I’ve been too addicted to the internet for years now, so why give it up. I’m a freak, but I wouldn’t be doing much else on a Friday night around here. Hopefully we start playing ball soon though as I’m definitely ready. That’s as good as it gets for a Friday night.



Saturday night at midnight and a NBA game is happening. Does it get much better than that? That guarantees basketball to be on live until around 2:30 or so at least. It’s the Rockets taking on the Kings in China. This just puts some crazy energy into me as it’s time for what makes my life revolve, basketball. I’ve been able to watch all three of the Celtics preseason games so far. Not many guys out there are hardcore NBA fans in the regular season, let alone watching preseason battles. This may be the only time you get to see the true scrubs of your team get decent minutes.

19-8! What in the world happened there? That’s the Yankees/Sox Game 3 score for those who are living under a rock. The Sox got flat out embarrassed in this one. I think it stems from Curt Schilling’s comments before the series started about how he was going to shut up the Yankee Stadium crowd. Also, we’ve gotten momentum from Pedro’s classic line and after tonight was over, not only are the Yankees Pedro’s Daddy, but Hideki Matsui is Boston’s Daddy. This guy has been unreal, yet all season long he goes under the radar. I’m sure it’s because he’s not a flamboyant player or that he has bigger “names” around him in the lineup, but he’s been our most consistent hitter this season. His fielding sucks, but his batting more than makes up for it. At least he’s not Manny Ramirez, who I like a lot actually, but Manny is pretty much the Yankees’ 10th fielder. He’s helped us out many times, with his bad glove, or his pantywaist arm. Inside the box though as a hitter, he’s a machine and gets my vote for MVP this season.



Next Sunday, Bam finally returns. It seems like forever since the last season ended. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s Viva La Bam on MTV’s Sunday Stew. Is there no WildBoyz this year? That kind of bugs me if they don’t bring that show back, but at least we get Bam, which never fails to disappoint. Some of the previews for this season look really good. If you haven’t seen it before, check it out on Sunday nights at 10:00. I’m sure with MTV, they’ll replay it 289 times through the week, but no biggie there. Just give me more Don Vito please.

In a quick video game note, not that anyone cares, but I’m talking about it anyways. My character in Tiger Woods 2005 is built up to the fullest. He’s all roided up and crushing through the competition. Needless to say, it was easy when I first started, but now you can crush like 400 yard drives. Unrealistic, but still a game I’m playing a bunch that never gets old. Last night, me and my boy Spank busted out some Super Nintendo action. We battled in such classics as Nolan Ryan Baseball, Joe & Mac, and F-Zero. The Super might be my favorite system ever. The regular is in a class by itself of course, but the Super had a very strong collection of games. Then we unhooked that to get our GameCube on. Any recommendations to what game I should get next? I’m not sure how soon I’ll get one though, but I am thinking about it. I don’t think I’m going to get Live this year, but have heard good reviews about it. NHL 2005? Paper Mario? Laugh all you want on Paper Mario, but it’s getting some mad props out there. Don’t believe me, check yourself fool. Or as Ice Cube would say, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I was getting buff today with one of my uncles and my boy Spank. Always good stories when you’re lifting with other people, so that’s a nice change. Then again, it’s nice to lift alone too so you can get it over with fast, but I switch it up. Call me a chameleon or something. Anyways, Spank figured he’d go heavy on the bench today and I was there if he needed any spotting. He throws up 295 for 7 reps like it’s nothing and then wants to go up. He eventually ends up going to 345 for 2, so that’s pretty mean there. Impressive stuff for sure. Big Cork starts to get all crunk and buff tomorrow, so I’m sure he’ll have some stories on that. I just have to sit back and watch the big dudes tear apart the bench. I do good for a little guy, but I can’t compete with that madness. Pound for pound.

Information I got on WWE Taboo Tuesday. I was hoping it’d be around $20 since it’s not a normal Sunday night Pay Per View. I should’ve known better with the WWE. It’s the full price, $34.95, doh! I doubt I’ll be getting this one, but stranger things have happened. Why can’t they drop the prices on their shows? I get them regardless, but why not something like $25 to switch it up to see if they can get more interest?



Also next Sunday, outside of Viva La Bam, it’s the 2004 A#BA Fantasy Basketball Draft! This will be held in the hallowed halls of mIRC. Does it honestly get much better than that? It’s our 20-man #basketball league and we’ll be rocking it out. We each keep 5 teams over from the previous year and then have 7 remaining rounds of our draft to get a 12-man roster. The guys I retained include: Antoine Walker (my favorite player), Kirk Hinrich, Marquis Daniels, Corey Maggette, and Kurt Thomas. Three of those guys can play multiple positions and that’s big in a league that has nightly lineups. Needless to say, I’m getting all JACKED UP for this epic feat.

Hey Yoni, I don’t have a Blogroll onto my Blog yet. Whenever I do, you’ll get hooked up. But for now, I’ll just have to give you a plug old school style. If you’re into college basketball, this next Blog is for you. Yoni has a TON of links on the side of his Blog and has a great setup for what he has going on. Take a trip and drop some comments for Yoni at: http://collegeball.blogspot.com.

I’m hitting your faces up with some randomness. I think that’s what keeps this thing goes. Sure, a lot don’t like the wrestling chat, some aren’t into sports at all, you could hate the Real World or The Bachelor, might not like the rap talk, but deep down, there’s something that sucks you in. Or maybe I’m just fooling myself to keep writing this beast up on a regular basis. Either way, it’s good times to write this up and I’ll keep doing it as long as I’m having fun. Like it’s a job or something huh?

As usual, thanks to The_Freak for helping out in getting some pics together for the Blog every so often. He finds some good ones.

Rapper: Ice Cube – Song: Check Yourself – Album: The Predator

(Cube)
You better check yo self before you wreck yo self
Cos I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
Droppin bombs on ya moms, fuck car alarms
Doin foul crime, I'm that nigga wit'cha Alpine
Sold it for a six-o, always let tricks know
And friends know, we got the indo
No I'm not a sucker, sittin in a House of Pain
And no I'm not the butler, I'll cut ya (Uh!)
Headbutt ya, you say you can't touch this
And I wouldn't touch ya, in fact motherfuck ya
Here to let you know boy, oh boy
I make dough but don't call me DoughBoy
This ain't no fuckin motion picture
A guy or bitch-a, I'll get wit'cha
And hit ya, takin that yack to the neck
So you better run a check

(Das EFX)
So come on and chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self
Chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self
Yeah, come on and check yo self before you wreck yo self

(Cube)
Cause shotgun bullets are bad for your health

No comments: