Sunday, June 06, 2004

Down Goes Smarty!

Finally that stupid horse lost. I was sick of hearing about Smarty Jones and how everyone in the world was riding on his nads. What was so special about him anyways? He even made the cover of ESPN Magazine. So after he loses, what happens? All of the shows are STILL hyping this horse. Nobody is giving any due to the actual winner of the race. I'm just glad it's all over. As Jim Rome would say, you'd run fast too if you had a midget on your back racking you with a whip to get you to go.

How about what went down today in the Cardinals game? The Cards were in the 9th inning with 1 out and were up big.. They hit a liner to Scott Rolen, who plays 3rd Base for the Cards. He makes this crazy play from DEEP in the infield and launches it to 1st Base. He didn't get the runner out, but after the play was over, he was laying on the ground. Nothing crazy with that, right? Well, the Cards crowd then gives Rolen a standing ovation for the effort. Now that's some classy fans. I'm not sure I've seen that done before on a play that didn't result in something positive for the team who did it. That was just awesome and I tip my hat to the Nellyville fans.

So yesterday started the NWA-TNA TV tapings to be shown on Fox Sports. NWA-TNA is the National Wrestling Alliance-Total Nonstop Action. It's not the WWE by any means, as they lack the money to compete, but it's a nice alternative. NWA has been running Pay Per Views every Wednesday night for $9.99. A lot of known guys are part of this company such as Jeff Jarrett (his Dad runs the organization), Shane Douglas, Road Dogg Jessie James, D-Lo Brown, AJ Styles (in my opinion the best wrestler in NWA), Christopher Daniels (one of the best workers in the world), Jerry Lynn, Raven.. and the list goes on. The cruiserweight division (X-Division) really makes this company go as their little guys are absolutely incredible to watch. Trust me on this one. Be sure to check out the weekly show on Friday afternoons if you get a Fox Sports station in your area. Depending on where you live, it can be on anytime from 3:00-6:00 PM EST on Fridays. Weird time for a wrestling show, but I hope they can make a go of it.

My Yanks got "wuuuuuuhhhhhked" tonight by the Rangers. 8-1, ouch. We've won 10 of our last 11 until today's beatdown. I guess I can take that. We have a good lead on Boston right now as well, so that helps. Not huge, but at least we're where we want to be at this point in the season. We have interleague next week against the Rockies and Pads at Yankee Stadium and then the DBacks and Dodgers on the road. Should be fun to play at Dodger Stadium. Dodgers vs Yanks should be huge based on tradition alone.

I didn't get a lot accomplished today, but it was pretty laid back. That's how I like it. Went to bed at 6:30 AM and woke up at 12:30. Not good sleep there, but I'll make up for it tonight hopefully. I rolled to do some shopping after eating a can of vegetable beef soup. I first get $20 in gas, then take back 3 movies I rented, and then hit up Wal-Mart. At Wal-Mart, I pick up a thing of 10 VCR tapes and of course a thing of fresh donuts. Wal-Mart donuts from the deli are way underrated. You best check that out or you'll get pimp slapped. After that I went to church at 5:00.. came home to eat some pizza and a killer salad with salami, provolone cheese, carrots, croutons, Italian dressing, French dressing, onions, and I'm probably missing a few things. Then Big Cork came over for a bit with a chick buddy of his. I had to scan some pictures for her so she could print them out. Just a guy helping out a friend, heh. What else did I have to do tonight anyways? I did get my head handed to me in RBI Baseball by Cork. Blowouts don't usually happen, but tonight Cork was crushing homers off the 86 Amazin' Mets when he was using his boy Kirby and the Twins. I got stomped 10-0, but that game still rocks. We'll battle again and the next time I could win 10-0. That's how old school Nintendo baseball games go.

So what's on tap for tomorrow? Hmm.. I do know I have to workout sometime in the afternoon. After that I'm sort of wide open. I may shoot some ball or I may wash my car. Then it'll be time to gear up for Sunday Stew to watch Viva La Bam and WildBoyz. Well, that's all until tomorrow. I tried to talk about all kinds of stuff, whether it was interesting or not, who knows. Holla back.

Rapper: RZA -- Song: Whereever I Go -- Album: Birth Of A Prince
Olive oil and fried tomatoes and basil
I stepped in flared nasal from Hazelnut Amaretto
My watch 80 G appraisal
Plus they drop 50 G's for a RZA beat
Cherry wood, hid the receipts, presidential suites
Ice cold bottles of Cristy 'til my eyes misty
Complainin' to my lawyer how this rookie tried to frisk me
Jealous of my jeep, I gave his badge to the chief
And got his ass directin' traffic in the heat for a week

No comments: