Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Hump Day

The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the hump
Do the Humpty Hump, come on and do the Humpty Hump
Do the Humpty Hump, just watch me do the Humpty Hump
Do ya know what I'm doin', doin' the Humpty Hump
Do the Humpty Hump, do the Humpty Hump


I'm taking everyone on a ride back in time to 1990 for The Humpty Dance from Digital Underground. Yep, you all know it. It's Humpty Hump and his crew, one in which 2Pac used to be a backup dancer for. So today is today is Hump Day, which I better be careful of saying around middle school kids. This is the last day that I'll have kids (or should anyways), as none of mine need to take exams. So for the next two days, I'll get paid to watch SportsCenter and play on the internet. I can hardly believe it myself. But if they're going to pay me for that, I can't complain one bit.

Today is ping pong table day! I know it doesn't sound like much to non-pong fans, but we're all jacked up awaiting the arrival. Hopefully Sears got it in earlier today and Dad went to pick it up. He said he'd even start putting it together if he got it early in the day. That does two things. It saves me a lot of time from driving to pick it up (if it comes in early) and with Dad being bored most of the day I figure (he's retired now), after he has a workout and a big bike ride, he said he'd be glad to take care of the table. He still thinks he's 15 years old anyways, so this table is for him as well. Big Cork even took the day off work just to get in Day 1 of pong intensity.

Real World Chatter: We're finally finished with Frankie Lavigne, so that's great. She couldn't handle it anymore and wanted to roll home. The Real World producer said if she decided to go home, she didn't have the option to come back in a week or two, like she intended. She said she didn't go home for Dave, but we all know she did. Or has her hat says, "Dave Rocks". Please.. Anyways, as soon as she got out of San Diego, the house became all positive again, except for Ja Rule. He was disappointed Frankie just up and left him since he thought they were pretty close friends (not hooking up type friends, but being able to talk to each other). Now, late in the season, we get a new cast member. I'm not sure I like this strategy, but if it brings drama, I'm all for it. I've heard a few spoilers, but I'm keeping my lip sealed on this one. It's not as fun knowing what is going to happen anyways if you ask me, as that theory goes into effect with wrestling. But how about Brad and Big Rand decked out in Mario and Luigi costumes for Halloween? That was classic stuff. Why didn't I ever dress up as a Nintendo character in my Halloween days? I was right in the prime of thangs as far as the NES goes when I would trek the mean streets of E-Town (East Shinnston) on Halloween night, running as fast as I could to each house.

Yankees win! After Mo Rivera almost blows the game, we pull it out 8-7. We bring Mo (who isn't the Mo of old, but he still mows people down) in to clean things out and that's usually automatic. With 2 outs in the 9th inning, Mo had a 8-3 lead in his favor. He fell apart and gave up 4 runs after 2 outs in the 9th, ouch. But all that matters is the win. Jeter hit 2 homers and went 4-5! Hopefully that gets him out of the big slump he's been in. How about that one Susie? I figure you're proud of your boy there.

Is there a video Kanye West isn't in nowadays? Soon we'll see him jamming to #basketball's own creation of DerekHood, Ray Cist. Or maybe even to the rap sensation duo of TMac and Don-G. He's on his own with Stacey Dash jumping around the airport (mmm mmm.. hard to believe she's 38), Brandy's new one, Overnight Celebrity with Twista, and I know I'm missing a few other current ones that are on MTV or BET's top 10 deals.

Well, I have my 8th Grade kids about to do the Ric Flair Strut into class, so I better keep them entertained with some MTV. See you guys later tonight. That is if I'm not in my garage all night playing pong.

Fear Lobstah: http://lobsterrodeo.com/balls

No comments: