Tuesday, June 01, 2004

A Hard Day Of Work Eh?

I really have it tough this week at work. I'm at my old middle school this week for Special Ed Math classes. These kids are just lower level as far as their work, but by looking at them, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference. But tomorrow is their last day. Some kids will be there a few days extra, but all of mine don't have to take their exams. So like I was mentioning last night, I rented Hulk and Brother Bear. A problem when I get to my room today. We couldn't get the VCRs to work. We tried all connections, and even wheeled a big screen TV to my room to try another TV, but no luck. So I have these two videos for my kids and they're not able to watch it. So that leaves me with one plan and it's working great. The invention of MTV. This is like last week's 2 Fast 2 Furious all over again. Put on MTV to kids and they eat it up like pudding. They're done with their actual work, but still have to attend, so it's time to be a bum for them. Right now I'm watching SportsCenter on my lunch period, so I can't complain..

Later today when I get home, I have to give blood at 4:15. I've been doing this for a while now, and my blood is in need a good bit. I'm O Positive and it doesn't bother me to get a needle jammed in me. I can watch it go in, so it must not phase me too much. Some people freak at just the sight of needles, but I have to act like a tough guy. They take 2 pretty big bags out of my arms and send it off. Everytime I give, they'll send me a letter in the mail letting me know that my blood was used for someone who needed it. I might as well do what I can since it doesn't bother me to give. If I can help someone with doing something as simple as that, I'm game for it. The downfall to the blood giving is that I have to take an extra day off of working out, ugh. I hate that part, but I'll have to deal, it won't hurt me too bad. I could chance it, but they recommend not working out the next day since I get my blood taken out where my arm bends.

That works out fine with my schedule though. Either today (or tomorrow for sure hopefully) we finally get our ping pong table in from Sears. Me and my buddies are all pumped for this one. It's not just your regular old ping pong where it's slow. We bring it out here, hardcore spikes, smashing paddles against the table (I'll have to do this as little as possible since I actually had to buy this table), big rally action, etc. I've been playing for as long as I can remember. Dad brought me up with it and he's still the man in my area as far as pong goes, even at age 54. It's been a few years since we've had a table at the house, but we played at college all time time. The past year or so we haven't done anything, so we're due. My paddle? All wood baby. Rip the cover off the paddle, crank it down with sandpaper to get it all smooth, and I'm ready to smack away. That sounds perverted, but you get where I'm coming from. A lot of people are big into the spin game, but that's not me. If I can't crush it around, then it's not fun for me to do the spinning. Makes for a nice contrast of styles when I play a spin guy though.

Last night the Lakers cleared out the series with KG. LA was playing around all series if you ask me, unfortunately. But what in the world got into Kareem Rush? He busted his first 6 three pointers! And this is a guy who barely touches the court in most games. Yet he comes out in last night's game to light the Wolves up big time. Like the Boston Sports Guy says, KG is an awesome player, but I don't think we can put him in "The Pantheon" yet. Stat wise he's awesome, he can do a lot for a guy his size, but can he singlehandely take over games and put fear into an opponent's eyes? I don't think so, but he's still young, even if he's been around the league for a long time. On the East side, the Pistons need to win 1 more to move on to face LA. Forget about it. You or Indy doesn't stand a chance against LA.

Real World tonight as it looks like Frankie Lavigne is finally going home to where she belongs. He and Dave can do their thang while she'll be off TV for good hopefully. I figure this season is nearing an end, but I haven't heard how many weeks are left yet. They never do tell us that until the final week. You're watching along.. and all of a sudden there's a commercial saying, "NEXT WEEK! It's the Real World finale!" And you're like.. dang.

I could post on RAW right now, but that'd take even more space to take care of. I may be back with another post later tonight, but that depends if I get a nap or play some pong before Real World comes in. Should be interesting to see how hard this table will be to put together. I'm pumped in that it's a playback table, meaning that I can go to my garage by myself at 4:00 in the morning, and smack it around, working on my game tight.

Of course, be sure to check out Blogs of my buddies. I'm sure more will be added soon, because everyone is into this:

Big Cork: http://corkzilla.blogspot.com/

ManDingo: http://mandingo04.blogspot.com/

DerekHood: http://thekingofcrunk.blogspot.com/

Tall Dude: http://manillsthrills.blogspot.com/

Dominik: http://dominik1985.blogspot.com

No comments: